"Adopting one child won't change the world; but for that child, the world will change."

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Leaving Our Son For the LAST Time

Today we visited Maksim at the orphanage....for the LAST time!  On Thanksgiving Day, we will go back and pick up our son.
Maksim was extra CRAZY today....he hugged us and then went immediately to the toy bag I brought along and dug out his favorite horse and a car to throw around.  We walked to the playroom and Maksim strutted the halls quite confidently....the interpreter commented on how independent he is....we said, hmmmmm, sounds like another child of ours :)
We played a lot and Maksim discovered the small plastic slide with great delight.  Suddenly he stopped playing, looked around the room and spotted me sitting about 5 feet away....he walked right over, stepped up on my lap and wrapped me in the biggest, sweetest hug.  He repeated this a couple more times throughout our playtime.....and of course, I balled like a baby each time. 

3 comments:

  1. I was so happy to read this but to a point of tears once again! Maksim is going to bring so much joy to the WHOLE family and we cant wait to get one of those hugs....

    Love
    Aunt TT
    ps what happened to Mom ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great feeling that must have been to get his hug!!! I laughed when reading the part about him being independent like your other child. :)
    We are all so happy for you and looking forward to your arrival home with that precious angel from God.

    Safe travels.

    Lisa (McGee)

    ReplyDelete
  3. May the next week FLY by for you! Sounds like a wonderful visit. All reports on McKenna are good that I have heard and she has been keeping her pals up to date!

    ReplyDelete