Today we met our son! He is beautiful. The orphanage is wonderful. The staff are very loving the director, Dr. Ludwilla is one of the lovliest ladies I've ever met.
We received the full personal and medical history on Maksim and once we agreed that we'd like to meet him, they brought him in......LOVE at first sight is all I can say. I'm quite sure I leapt over Kip to hold him first...he melted into my arms...a "huggy buggy" as McKenna would call him. We then went to the play room (an amazing room full of wonderful play and gym equipment} and he sat on my lap for the first 20 mins or more. We tried to get him to crawl but he just wanted to cuddle. Suddenly, after we handed him a stuffed horse from Louisville, he came out of his shell!!!...and LOOK OUT...this boy has spunk! Not only did he crawl he took off walking (we were told he had only just taken his first steps days ago).
More details later.....all is great. We go back to play with Maksim again tomorrow and if all goes as planned, we will name him and apply for a new Birth Certificate. Still need to send photos and information to our international doctor in Cincinatti for her professional opinion.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
We're in Love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am sooo overwhelmed I had difficulty reading this to Chris...He is so adorable and very happy he has some spunk as he will need that to keep up with his big sis:)
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to hearing more.
Love
Aunt TT
I will write more later. Right now I am crying....so much love to your family. What a perfect gift from God. The love for him comes right through this computer. Now I want to go back to gazing at your pictures again
ReplyDeleteKim and Kip,
ReplyDeleteHe is absolutely adorable! I, too, am crying as I view the pictures and read your post as we know very well what you are experiencing. Many many blessings and hugs to you all. We are so excited for you and can't wait to meet the little guy.
Love,
The Seltz Family